Help Center
Click to Home

Go To Search

Payment Plans, Restitution & Fines and Court Costs
 The Clerk's office cannot help you with preparing or correcting your file.
 It is illegal. Va Code 19.2-392.2


I. Payment Plan: 

1. Print and complete: Payment Plan
    DO NOT fill in: 
  • Balanced owed 
  • Beginning on 
  • Signature fields (unless in the presence of a notary) 

2. File at Clerk of Court 8:30am-4:00pm, Monday- Friday:
  • Completed Payment Plan 
  • Down payment to start: see Payment Plan 

3. Request: 
  • DC-30 to take to DMV for reinstatement of License if applicable. 

ATTENTION: You must submit a  Petition and Notice and Motion to the Court, and appear before the Judge if you wish to change the terms of the Payment Plan. A Petition is not a guarantee of approval. 

II. How to make payments on your plan/case(s): 

1. Pay in person: 
    Fredericksburg Circuit Court Clerk’s Office: 
  • Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:00pm.
  • Cash, check, money order, Visa or Mastercard. (Credit/Debit Cards will incur a 4% fee.)

2. Pay by mail: 
  • CLEARLY PRINT name and case number on each check or money order. (Make payable to: Clerk) 
  • Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope if you would like a receipt. 
           Clerk of Court 
           701 Princess Anne Street Suite 100
           Fredericksburg, VA 22401 

3. Online Payments
4. Pay by phone: P
hone payments are not accepted

III. Fines and Court Costs

1. The Judge may order you to pay fines and court costs:
  • Court costs are determined by the legislature and are broken down into different categories.
  • The Clerk does not have the authority to waive or abate these costs.
  • If you have questions regarding these costs please contact your attorney or review the Code of Virginia.

2. Waiver of Interest on Fines & Costs  
  • You may be able to waive interest on your fines and costs, not restitution, in accordance with Virginia Code 19.2-353.5
  • You must complete and file the following accurately and completely:   
            a. Request for Waiver
            b. Certification of Incarceration Period (completed by you and an official from the jail/prison where you
                 were incarcerated)
IV. Court Order Authorizing Payment Plans