Help Center
Click to Home

Go To Search

One-Time Civil Celebrant
Virginia Code 20-25 requires a Circuit Judge (not a Clerk) to deny or grant a petitioners request to perform a marriage. A $500.00 secured or unsecured bond must be posted with the Clerk. 

Petitioner must reside within the 15th Judicial Circuit.

Required items to complete and file:
1. Coversheet For Filing Civil Actions (checking Marriage Celebrant in the 3rd column under Miscellaneous Heading)
2. Petition
3. Order
4. Filing fee: $61.00
5. To receive your secured Bond:
    a. Once you have completed your duties as a One-Time Civil Celebrant complete and file :
        b. Petitioner's Affidavit
        c. Pay Order to Release Bond for One-Time Marriage Celebrant

*Please note that this is not legal advice or representation. Any questions regarding the One-Time Civil Celebrant process, forms, and their completion should be directed to an attorney. The Clerk’s office is prohibited from offering legal advice. (Code 19.2-392.2).

*Payment of filing and copy fees may be made by cash, personal check, certified check, money order or, with a VISA/MASTERCARD, credit/debit cards. Make checks and money order payable to: Clerk of Court. The service fee for using VISA/MASTERCARD, credit /debit will be 4%.