Do I need a noise ordinance waiver?

The Noise Ordinance (Good Neighbor Ordinance) applies to noise within the City and from City-owned lands outside the City limits. Please read City Code 38-36 for specific acts and times prohibited. Read more information on the City's Noise Ordinance here 

If you need permission to produce noise that might otherwise be prohibited, please see our Noise Ordinance Waiver Application. Please submit completed Noise Ordinance Waiver Application (at least 5 working days before your event) to Heather Hughes at the Dorothy Hart Community Center located at 408 Canal Street, Fredericksburg. Or email to

• Who can I contact if I have questions regarding filling out the noise ordinance waiver application?
Please contact Heather Hughes at or at 540-372-1086 x307.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Special Event Application?
2. Do I need an Expression of Speech Event Permit?
3. What if it is a private event?
4. Do I need a Residential Block Party Permit?
5. What fees are required for my special event?
6. City Parks and Trails
7. Trash and Recycling
8. Do I need a Film Permit?
9. Street and/or Parking Lot Closures
10. Maps
11. Events with over 1,000 Estimated Guests
12. Events with over 2,000 Estimated Guests
13. Tents and Canopies
14. Moon Bounce, Inflatable Amusement Devices, Climbing Walls, and Stages
15. Food and Vendors
16. Alcohol
17. Generators
18. Charging Admission
19. Advertising
20. Do I need a noise ordinance waiver?
21. Security
22. Insurance
23. No Parking Signs and Barricades
24. Restrooms
25. General Requirements for Dumpster/Container/Toilet
26. Equipment Rental