• Does the City of Fredericksburg require a Certificate of Insurance for my event?
The City’s insurer requires that the City of Fredericksburg be named as an additional insured to the certificate of insurance. Please issue a COI in the amount of $1 million naming the City of Fredericksburg. The address should be P.O. Box 7447, Fredericksburg, VA 22404.

• Where can I apply for a Certificate of Insurance?
The City of Fredericksburg has enrolled in a program that allows you, the “user” of a municipal facility, school, or other local government property, to secure cost effective liability insurance, which provides protection for you as well as the governmental entity. The Tenant User Liability Insurance Program (TULIP) is a General Liability Policy written in the name of the tenants and/or users of the local government facility or venue. Third-Party Property Damage Coverage is also provided. More information for TULIP can be found here.

• Who can I contact if I have questions regarding a Certificate of Insurance?
Please contact Sammy Walker at or at 540-372-1086 ext. 307.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Special Event Application?
2. Do I need an Expression of Speech Event Permit?
3. What if it is a private event?
4. Do I need a Residential Block Party Permit?
5. What fees are required for my special event?
6. City Parks and Trails
7. Trash and Recycling
8. Do I need a Film Permit?
9. Street and/or Parking Lot Closures
10. Maps
11. Events with over 1,000 Estimated Guests
12. Events with over 2,000 Estimated Guests
13. Tents and Canopies
14. Moon Bounce, Inflatable Amusement Devices, Climbing Walls, and Stages
15. Food and Vendors
16. Alcohol
17. Generators
18. Charging Admission
19. Advertising
20. Do I need a noise ordinance waiver?
21. Security
22. Insurance
23. No Parking Signs and Barricades
24. Restrooms
25. General Requirements for Dumpster/Container/Toilet
26. Equipment Rental