• How can I advertise my event?
Events can be advertised on a space available basis on and on the billboard located at the intersection of Blue and Gray Parkway and William Street. The Banner Request Form can be found here.

• Can I hang a banner up at Maury Park fence at the corner of Kenmore and William Street?
This location is reserved for city sponsored events only.

• Can I hang up signs or posters advertising my event?
It is illegal to post signs on utility poles or to place any signs in the City right-of-way. Pennants, streamers, persons holding signs, or other attention getting devices are also prohibited. If you would like your event information posted in a park kiosk at Hurkamp Park or Riverfront Park, please contact the Dorothy Hart Community Center at 540-372-1086 ext. 0.

• Who can I contact if I have questions regarding banners?
For more information, and space availability call the Department of Economic Development and Tourism at 540-372-1216.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Special Event Application?
2. Do I need an Expression of Speech Event Permit?
3. What if it is a private event?
4. Do I need a Residential Block Party Permit?
5. What fees are required for my special event?
6. City Parks and Trails
7. Trash and Recycling
8. Do I need a Film Permit?
9. Street and/or Parking Lot Closures
10. Maps
11. Events with over 1,000 Estimated Guests
12. Events with over 2,000 Estimated Guests
13. Tents and Canopies
14. Moon Bounce, Inflatable Amusement Devices, Climbing Walls, and Stages
15. Food and Vendors
16. Alcohol
17. Generators
18. Charging Admission
19. Advertising
20. Do I need a noise ordinance waiver?
21. Security
22. Insurance
23. No Parking Signs and Barricades
24. Restrooms
25. General Requirements for Dumpster/Container/Toilet
26. Equipment Rental