Do I need an Expression of Speech Event Permit?

The City requests all who plan to lawfully assemble in the City of Fredericksburg to apply for an event permit as provided in City Code 66-48. There is NO FEE for this event application and permit. It is a streamlined approach to gather information about your event and help you navigate the City’s requirements to hold a lawful assembly – and to protect your safety. Such events require a 48 hour advance application.

• What is an Expression of Speech Event?
An Expression of Speech Event is a spontaneous event that is a time-sensitive public gathering in response to current events, such as a demonstration, protest or rally. 

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Special Event Application?
2. Do I need an Expression of Speech Event Permit?
3. What if it is a private event?
4. Do I need a Residential Block Party Permit?
5. What fees are required for my special event?
6. City Parks and Trails
7. Trash and Recycling
8. Do I need a Film Permit?
9. Street and/or Parking Lot Closures
10. Maps
11. Events with over 1,000 Estimated Guests
12. Events with over 2,000 Estimated Guests
13. Tents and Canopies
14. Moon Bounce, Inflatable Amusement Devices, Climbing Walls, and Stages
15. Food and Vendors
16. Alcohol
17. Generators
18. Charging Admission
19. Advertising
20. Do I need a noise ordinance waiver?
21. Security
22. Insurance
23. No Parking Signs and Barricades
24. Restrooms
25. General Requirements for Dumpster/Container/Toilet
26. Equipment Rental