• How do I reserve a city park or trail for my event?
The City has several locations that are available for events. Rental information can be found here.
• Can I reserve Market Square for my event?
The Fredericksburg Area Museum oversees all rentals for Market Square. Rental information can be found here.
• Can I reserve Hurkamp Park for my event?
Hurkamp Park is home to our popular Fredericksburg Farmers Market. Rentals of Hurkamp Park are not available during Farmers Market hours on Saturdays during April through November between 6:00am - 3:00pm. Additional rental information can be found here.
• Is electricity available at the parks?
Electricity is available at Alum Springs Park, Hurkamp Park, Old Mill Park and Riverfront Park. Additional fees for electrical use may apply.
• What are the guidelines for competitive and non-competitive events on City trails?
in order to balance the use of City trails between events and public use, a set of guidelines have been established. Guidelines can be found here.
• Can I advertise my walk/run along the trail/path?
Signs or posters advertising your run/walk will no longer be allowed to be posted along the trail/path. The Department of Parks, Recreation and Events will be constructing kiosks along the Heritage Trail and Canal Path in which we will post a monthly schedule of runs and walks. To assist with advertising your event, we will gladly place one 8.5”x11” poster in each kiosk. Please drop off your posters at the Dorothy Hart Community Center (408 Canal St.), attention Sammy Walker, at least 1 month prior to your event date. Please DO NOT tape, staple, or hang your posters to the outside of the kiosks.
• Who can I contact if I have questions regarding reserving a city park or trail?
Please contact the Department of Parks, Recreation and Events at 540-372-1086 x 201.