We are implementing the following COVID protocols for all summer camps:
- Outdoor campers are expected to bring a face mask and should be prepared to wear their face mask on arrival and whenever physical distancing is not feasible. Throughout the week, instructors will try to enforce social distancing whenever possible.
- Indoor campers will be required to wear masks at all times and we will have designated “mask breaks” to allow campers some time without the mask.
- When dropping off and picking up, parents and guardians are expected to wear masks as well.
- During some camps, campers will be provided with their own “Camper Kits” which will contain supplies for each day’s activities to reduce the sharing of materials. Anything that must be shared will be disinfected between uses.
- There will be extra hand sanitizing breaks throughout the day and sanitizing stations available.
- Parents are asked to monitor camper’s temperatures and symptoms at home. Campers must be fever free (without the aid of fever reducing medication) for 72 hours before returning to camp and should not have any of the recognizable symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing). Campers may not attend camp if they have been exposed to someone with the virus within the last 14 days.
- Campers’ temperatures will be taken and recorded at check-in each day.
During the week(s) that your child is attending summer camp we encourage you to limit their exposure as much as possible (i.e., stay with dad/grandparent while mom is grocery shopping). We understand that families are busy and this may not always be feasible. However, limiting your child’s exposure will help keep summer camps up and running throughout the summer for your child as well as everyone else’s.
If your child is exposed to COVID-19 or is exhibiting symptoms during the week your child is attending summer camp, please notify us immediately at 540-372-1086 ext. 0. This will help us take the appropriate actions required by the health department and make sure we limit exposure to other summer camps.
General Camp Information:
- Spaces fill on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please register for the appropriate age/grade.
- Register for Fredericksburg Alert > Program Notifications to receive weather cancellation notices. Cancellations are announced by Facebook and Fred Alert.
- Fee waivers available for those who qualify. Call our office for more information.
- Must provide own transportation to camps.
- Register for all camps online. For information or assistance please call 540-372-1086 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our department reserves the right to require age verification for children enrolled in our programs.
Online enrollment notice:
Enrollment is online only this year. If you have questions, please contact us several days before camp signups for help with accounts or questions about online enrollment. Call 540-372-1086 ext. 0 or email us now.
Summer Camp Refund Policy:
Individuals wishing to withdraw and/or requesting a refund must do so by contacting the Fredericksburg Parks, Recreation and Events Department. Individuals must follow up their verbal cancellation request with a written refund request and submit it to Fredericksburg Parks, Recreation and Events Department prior to cancellation deadlines. A 10% administrative fee will be charged on all refund requests for advanced cancellations. Cancellation requests less than two weeks (14 days) before camp start date are eligible for a 50% refund. And there are no refunds on cancellations less than 7 days before camp start date. There will be no refunds given to those who withdraw after program start date. Refunds will require 4 weeks for processing unless paid by credit card. Credit card refunds will take 5 business days to process.