This is not intended to be a complete list of all required inspections:
Residential Construction Matrix (PDF)
- Pre-construction site inspection for new commercial construction.
- First erosion site inspection for all new construction.
- All footings are inspected after excavation and before pouring concrete.
- Under slab trade inspection.
- All slabs are inspected prior to pouring concrete with all steel in place.
- Concrete walls are inspected prior to pouring concrete with all steel in place.
- Backfill / foundation drainage inspection prior to burying habitable basements.
- All plumbing & gas piping and electrical conduit or wiring prior to covering ditch.
- All gas lines, fuel lines, water and sewer lines must be pressure tested.
- Rough-in inspections of plumbing, electrical, HVAC and gas prior to concealment.
- Framing inspection of floors, walls and roofs prior to insulating.
- Insulation inspection prior to hanging drywall.
- Fireplace hearth inspection prior to pouring concrete with all steel in place.
- Inspection required on all electrical services prior to connection by Power Company.
- Final inspection.
- Electrical bonding and steel placement inspection for all pools.
- Special inspections as required
Burden of Scheduling
It is the duty of the permit holder, or their representative, to notify the Building and Development Services Department for an inspection when construction reaches the stages of completion that requires inspections.