Concealed Handgun Permits

The Clerk's office cannot help with preparing or correcting your file.

It is illegal. Va Code 19.2-392.2

Concealed Handgun Permit applications are available to be downloaded at the following website Virginia State Police. You may also obtain an application at the Clerks office located at 701 Princess Anne Street.


City residents may file concealed handgun permit applications Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:00pm.

Renewal of permit

City residents may file concealed handgun permit applications Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:00pm

Change of Address

You must submit a change of address form (PDF) (ALSO available at the Clerk's office) Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:00pm. The Court who issued your permit is the Court where you must file the change request. Example: You have a permit issued by Stafford County. You are now a resident of the City of Fredericksburg. The Stafford Clerk of Court is where you need to change the address.

Lost Permit

You must submit a lost permit form (available at the Clerk's office) Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:00pm

Non-Resident Permits

All questions and applications for non-resident permits must be directed to the Virginia State Police. The Clerk of Court is not involved in this process.


Application for permit: $50.00
Renewal of permit: $50.00
Change of Address: $10.00
Replacement of permit: $5.00

Payment may be made by cash, personal check, certified check, money order or with a VISA or MASTERCARD debit/credit card. Make checks and money orders payable to: Clerk of Court. Effective July 1, 2012, the following service fees apply if using a VISA or MASTERCARD credit/debit card. The service fee for charges $50.00 and under will be $2.00. The service fee for charges over $50.00 will be assessed at 4%.