Voting at the Polls
GET READY TO VOTE!
- Polls are open from 6am to 7pm on election day.
- If you are waiting in line at your polling place before 7pm, you are entitled to vote.
- You must have an acceptable picture i.d. (PDF)Please have your i.d. ready to present to an Officer of Election when you enter the polling place.
- If your schedule allows, avoid morning and evening rush times. The busiest time at the polls are when they open, at noon, and prior to closing.
- If you are unable to enter the polling place due to disability, you may vote curbside. Curbside Voting allows voters to remain in their vehicles and cast a ballot. Pull your vehicle to the designated curbside voting location of the polling place and an Officer of Election will assist you to vote.
- If you can not vote in person, please complete an application to vote absentee.
Voters in need of identification:
City of Fredericksburg voters please call (540) 372-1030 to make an appointment to acquire a Virginia Voter Photo Identification Card if you do not have an acceptable form of photo identification.
You may complete the following Voter Photo application prior to coming to the Registrar. If you do not, you will be asked to fill one out before completing the process to issue you a Virginia Voter Photo Identification Card.
If you have a physical disability, you may vote on Election day without leaving your vehicle. This is called curbside voting. If you would like to use curbside voting, remember to bring a helper with you who can enter the polling place to ask an election officer for curbside assistance.
A voting assistance machine called an AutoMark is provided to those voters who need the ballot read to them. This allows blind, visually impaired, and any other voter who may require this service to vote privately. Please ask an Officer of Election when you enter the polling place for assistance.