Voter Registration and elections
If you plan to vote early in-person or on Election Day do not request an absentee ballot.
If you do not have a Virginia DMV issued I.D. you may print out applications, utilizing the links below. Complete application, print, sign & date, and return to the Voter Registrar’s office. (Paper voter registration applications must be returned by mail or in person. Paper Vote by Mail applications may be returned by mail, in person, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax: (540) 373-8381.
City of Fredericksburg Voters may return their own absentee ballot, absentee application, or voter registration application to the Official Voter Drop Box pictured above and located in front of the Executive Plaza, 601 Caroline St.
November 3, 2020 General Election Information
Check your absentee ballot status here: Virginia Voter Citizen Portal
Absentee applications & ballots will be mailed continuously through the application deadline, October 23, 2020. If you plan on voting early in-person or on Election Day, please do not request an absentee ballot.
- Monday, September 21-Friday, October 30 Early Voting at 601 Caroline St; 8:30am-4:30pm
- Monday, October 12 CLOSED FOR COLUMBUS DAY NO EARLY VOTING
- Tuesday, October 13 Last day to register/update registration and vote in the November 3 election
- Friday, October 23 at 5:00 p.m. Application deadline to request Vote by Mail ballot be mailed to you
- Saturday, October 24 & October 31 8:30am-4:30pm Early voting at 601 Caroline St; 8:30am-4:30pm
- Tuesday, November 3 Election Day Polls will be open from 6:00am-7:00pm
- List of I.D.'s used for Voting
Notice & Instructions for : Military and Overseas Voters
NOTICE: Social media network communications from this office will only be found on official City of Fredericksburg social media networks. Links to these networks may be found at the bottom of this page. #TrustedInfo2020
We want you!
Serve your community on Election Day as an Officer of Election!