Our office serves the citizens of the City of Fredericksburg and the Commonwealth of Virginia to provide fair and honest elections in accordance with the Code of Virginia by providing easy and readily available access to registration and casting of votes within election laws and guidelines.
MAY 5 ELECTION
ALL VOTERS QUALIFY TO
VOTE at home
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic all Fredericksburg voters should vote absentee by-mail:
Stop! use this STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE to ensure proper completion of the online application.
A Virginia DMV issued I.D. is necessary to complete absentee application online utilizing the following: Step-by-step online absentee instructions (PDF) When you reach the screen which states : "Choose an Absentee Ballot Reason": You will choose: "My disability or illness" Online applications are delivered to this office. Follow the step-by-step.
Or, Print , complete, and sign this paper Absentee Application . Return it via fax (540)373-8381, email: firstname.lastname@example.org , or mail to: Voter Registrar 601 Caroline St 500A Fredericksburg, VA 22401. You are required to ensure this completed application reaches this office.
Or, call this office and request an absentee application be mailed to you: (540) 372-1030
All applications must be signed and dated. Review your application before submitting it to this office. Last Day to request an absentee ballot be mailed to you is April 28, 2020.
Absentee Ballots will be mailed out daily, Monday-Friday. Absentee applications are processed throughout the day. When you receive your ballot there will be detailed instructions regarding completion and return of your ballot.
May 5, 2020 Local General Election
Election for Mayor, At-large City Council, and At-large School Board
- Friday, March 20 Absentee Voting begins in the Registrar’s office
- Monday, April 13 Last day to register/update registration and vote in May 5 election
- Tuesday, April 28 Last day to request an absentee ballot be mailed to you for the May 5 election
- Tuesday, May 5 Election Day Polls will be open from 6:00am-7:00pm
- May 5, 2020 Sample Ballot (PDF)
June 9, 2020 Primary Election
Offices to be determined Primary Election Order
- Friday, April 24 Absentee Voting begins in the Registrar’s office
- Monday, May 18 Last day to register/update registration and vote in the June 9 election
- Tuesday, June 2 Last day to request an absentee ballot be mailed to you for the June 9 election
- Tuesday, June 9 Election Day Polls will be open from 6:00am-7:00pm
- SAMPLE BALLOTS WILL APPEAR HERE FOR THE JUNE 9 ELECTION WHEN AVAILABLE
November 3, 2020 General Election
Election for President of the United States of America, US Senate, and US House of Representatives
- Friday, September 18 Absentee Voting begins in the Registrar’s office
- Monday, October 12 Last day to register/update registration and vote in the November 3 election
- Saturday, October 24 8:30am-4:30pm Early voting in the Registrar’s office
- Monday-Saturday, October 26-October 31 8:30-am-4:30pm Early voting in the Registrar’s office
- Tuesday, November 3 Election Day Polls will be open from 6:00am-7:00pm
- SAMPLE BALLOTS WILL APPEAR HERE FOR THE NOVEMBER 3 ELECTION WHEN AVAILABLE
- NOTICE: Office closure for 1 day, March 19, 2020 for the purpose of training.
Notice & Instructions for : Military and Overseas Voters
NOTICE: Social media network communications from this office will only be found on official City of Fredericksburg social media networks. Links to these networks may be found at the bottom of this page. #TrustedInfo2020
We want you!
Serve your community on Election Day as an Officer of Election!