The City is happy to announce that we have a new Utility Billing System! Key things to know as we transition to the new system:
- You have been assigned a NEW CUSTOMER NUMBER (find yours on our website here). Don’t forget to update your customer number with your bank if you use their online bill pay to pay your Utility Bill.
- You will also use your new customer number to login to the NEW ONLINE PAYMENT PORTAL now.
- Utility Bill payments can’t be combined with other payments until after we move the rest of the billing types (ex. Personal Property, Real Estate) to the new system. This is currently scheduled to be completed by April 2020.
- Echeck is not a current option for payment but will be phased in soon.
Landfill Fees to increase effective July 1, 2019. Read here for details from the R-Board.
DMV Connect is coming to serve you at 601 Caroline Street, 4th floor, on the 1st Thursday of every month, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. The walk-in services they offer are: Driver's Licenses, Identification Cards (adult & child), Disabled Parking Placards/Plates, Vehicle Titles, Address Changes, Vehicle Registrations, E-Z Pass Transponders, Compliance Summaries, Transcripts and Hunting & Fishing Licenses. Go to Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles for more information.
The Treasurer serves as a constitutional officer and is elected for a four-year term. The primary responsibility of the treasurer is the financial management of all city funds and assuring that they are processed and maintained with proper security and accounting controls in place.
Related responsibilities include:
- follow-up collection efforts concerning delinquent accounts
- maintenance and reconciliation of bank accounts
- investment of idle funds
- collection and transmittal of state funds to the Virginia Department of Taxation
The Fredericksburg City Treasurer's Office is proudly recognized as an accredited office by the Treasures Association of Virginia.
Tell Us How We're Doing
Customer service is important to us and we always want to know how we're doing. Please take a few minutes to fill out this survey. We appreciate your comments.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
FOIA requests pertaining to the Treasurer's Office may be submitted via email.