Belman Road Recycling Center
Effective March 2, 2015 the Belman Road site began charging a fee for trash disposal. Residents need to purchase a coupon book or annual pass from the Treasurer's Office or R-Board prior to going to the convenience center. Effective July 1, 2019 Annual passes cost $120 or a coupon book with ten trip coupons cost $40. Cash, checks, and credit cards are the forms of payment accepted at the Treasurer's Office. Recycling will still be free for the items listed at the bottom of the page.
Available only for residential use by City of Fredericksburg and Stafford County residents, the Recycling Center (PDF) is located on Belman Road (behind the City Shop). *Business/Commercial vehicles are not allowed at this location and volume of debris accepted is limited.* Gate attendant will divert vehicles to the Stafford Landfill if volume or content of load is inappropriate or in the event the Recycling Center has temporarily reached capacity. If a load is diverted to the regional landfill, a charge for disposal at the landfill will apply. The Recycling Center is operated by the Rappahannock Regional Solid Waste Management Board (R-Board). Please see R-board for a list of charges or for additional information, please call 540-658-5279 Monday-Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Follow the Blue & Gray Parkway to Belman Road (located between Lafayette Boulevard and Dixon Street); turn onto Belman Road; and proceed straight ahead, approximately a quarter-mile, until you see the Belman Road Recycling Center entrance on the right side.
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Closed on these holidays: New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Recyclable items accepted at the Belman Road Recycling Center:
- Aluminum (e.g., beer and soda cans, foil, pie plates)
- Glass (brown, clear, and green)
- Paper: "anything that tears" (e.g., dry newspaper, paper bags, office/copy/printer paper, wrapping paper, memo pads and envelopes, junk mail, magazines and catalogs, ad circulars and TV guides, phone books and notebooks, flattened cardboard, cereal boxes, toilet paper/paper towel cores or tubes, paper backs, shoe boxes) DO NOT PUT ANYTHING INTO PLASTIC BAGS, INCLUDING SHREDDED PAPER.
- Plastic: #1 - #7, look for the number on the bottom of the container (e.g., milk jugs, water or soda bottles, mayonnaise jars) NO PLASTIC BAGS (take those to grocery stores)
- Scrap metal
- Steel/tin cans (e.g., soup, vegetable, and pet food cans)
- Batteries: auto only
- Motor oil
- Textiles: "gently used" clothing, sheets and blankets (no mattresses), towels, table linens, and curtains