The City of Fredericksburg assesses taxes on real property and personal property. City businesses are subject to a business license tax, business tangible personal property tax as well as local options excise taxes including meals, lodging, admissions, cigarettes, and short-term rental.
- Real estate is reassessed every four years.
- The real estate tax rate (effective July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024) is $0.89 per $100 of assessed value.
- Real estate taxes are billed on a fiscal year cycle, July 1 through June 30.
- The bill for the first half of the fiscal year (July 1 through December 31) is due December 5.
- The bill for the second half (January 1 through June 30) is due June 5.
Rehab Tax Credit
Learn how to qualify for a tax credit for improving residential property in the Historic District and commercial property elsewhere in the City or contact the Real Estate section of the Office of the Commissioner of the Revenue at 540-372-1207.
Personal Property Taxes
- The personal property rate is $3.40 per $100 of assessed value.
- The assessed value is determined using the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) book values.
- The personal property assessments are billed on a twice a year calendar basis.
- The bills for the current year are due on June 5, for the first half and December 5, for the second half.
Other Tax Rates