The Clerk of Council is an appointed official under the Mayor and City Council. The Clerk of Council performs work related to the operation of the City, City Council actions and provides administrative support for the legislative body. This work includes the administrative duty of preparing and maintaining the official records of the City.
- Attend all meetings of Council and sub-committees as required;
- Distribution of action items resulting from meetings;
- Assist the City Manager in the preparation and distribution of the Council Agenda Packet;
- Maintain Council minutes, Ordinances, Resolutions and other official records of the City;
- Maintain the City's Board and Commissions book;
- Collect the annual financial disclosure form filings as required;
- Respond to requests for information from Council members, City staff members and citizens, i.e., responsible for Freedom of Information requirements.