Starting Salary: $57,500 (negotiable DOQ) plus 24 hours of annual leave and 24 hours of sick leave granted upon hiring
The Fredericksburg Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Virginia DCJS Law Enforcement certified Police Officer. Under general supervision, Officers perform general law enforcement work in order to preserve the public peace, to protect lives, property, and the rights of the public. A police officer enforces statutory laws and municipal ordinances. Work involves patrolling of City streets, River Bank, City Parks and neighborhoods to deter crime; apprehend and/or arrest violators or suspects; responds to calls for law enforcement assistance; investigates traffic accidents and enforce traffic regulations; and gathers information for criminal investigations. A police officer also assures appropriate custody and control of prisoners. (Attends court and mandatory off duty details)
Minimum requirements include:
- Current Virginia DCJS Certified law enforcement officer.
- No more than two moving violations within previous 24 months
- No current or previous revocations of suspension of license within previous 60 months due to a moving violation
- Undergo a background investigation including fingerprint-based criminal history records inquiries to both the CCRE and FBI
- Undergo a physical examination, subsequent to a conditional offer of employment
- Polygraph Examination
- Must complete lawfit course
For more information, e-mail Sergeant Menck.