The service of Fredericksburg Regional Transit is made possible through the support of and partnerships with Federal, State, local governments, public institutions and private business and corporations. FRED thanks each of these entities for their continued commitment to public transit in the Region. The support of our partners enhances mobility for all citizens, making the Fredericksburg Region a better place to live, work, and discover.
FRED is primarily supported through funding from the Federal Transit Administration, the Department of Rail & Public Transportation, City of Fredericksburg, Stafford County, and Spotsylvania County, and the George Washington Regional Commission.
Major partners are those businesses and community organizations whose contributions are $25,000 or more annually (in-cash, in-kind, or through grants). These partners include:
FRED's Major Partners Include:
- The University of Mary Washington
- Mary Washington Healthcare
- Germanna Community College
Partnership has its benefits. All businesses, institutions, or organizations making contributions (cash, in-kind, or through grants) receive the following benefits:
- Acknowledgement of your support on FRED promotional materials
- Acknowledgement of your support at FRED-sponsored public events
- VIP invitations to FRED sponsored events (e.g. ground breakings, ribbon cuttings, new service launches)
- Invitations to Public Transit Advisory Board meetings
- In-kind system-wide ridership for your employees (w/ presentation of a valid ID)
FRED also receives support from the following companies and organizations: GEICO, The Evergreens, and The Village of Idlewild.
If you would like to learn how to become a FRED Partner, please contact: Ms. Sharon Sullivan - email@example.com