- Get Involved
- Public Engagement
The City of Fredericksburg encourages public engagement. Start here to find out how you can get involved in your local government today. On this page we will be sharing surveys, topic specific comments forms, and event information for public input opportunities or town halls. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay updated by subscribing to our newsletters and alerts listed below. Please be sure to visit the links below to find out how to get involved by attending meetings or volunteering.
Engage with Projects and Initiatives
Racial Equity Initiatives
- Submit Comments. Do you have a comment or question to submit about the City’s Racial Equity Initiatives? Please submit it here.
- Read more about the City of Fredericksburg's commitment to equity and inclusion here.
City Council's activity on matters of racial equity:
- City Council adopted a response and recovery plan (Racial Equity Plan) on June 23, 2020
- Racial Equity Plan – Phase One adopted by City Council on July 14, 2020
- City Council takes progressive actions to enhance community, July 15, 2020
- City to advance work on 'telling full story', August 12, 2020
- Updated Racial Equity Plan - Phase One update to Council on March 9, 2021
On Tuesday, March 9, 2021, Angela Freeman, the City’s outgoing Diversity, Equity and Economic Advancement Officer provided her final update on Phase 1 of City staff’s Racial Equity Plan, which is available for public review here. Watch the full council meeting here.
Ms. Freeman’s leadership as the City’s Diversity, Equity and Economic Advancement Officer has been invaluable to the City’s Racial Equity Advancement efforts. A team of City employees is continuing the Phase 1 implementation, which includes the City’s newly announced membership in the Government Alliance on Race and Equity (GARE), a national network of government working to achieve racial equity and advance opportunities for all. Looking ahead, City Council’s bi-annual offsite for priority planning is anticipated to be announced for May 2021.
Racial Equity Survey Results
On-behalf of the City of Fredericksburg, the International Coalition of Sites of Conscience (ICSC) facilitated a racial equity survey and public input process. ICSC received feedback in three ways, through an online survey, from city boards and advisory groups through a survey the City created and distributed, and from online listening sessions. The findings are provided within the report and were shared in this public presentation on December 20, 2021. This input is being provided to City Council with the purpose to incorporate racial equity into its future planning.
Fredericksburg Listening Session Report Overview (slides presented December 10, 2020) - (PDF)
Fredericksburg Racial Equity Listening Report December 2020 (PDF)
Commitment to Equity & Inclusion
The City of Fredericksburg is committed to advancing diverity, equity and inclusion and engaging in important conversations in our community. Read more...
Engage with General City Business
The City of Fredericksburg’s many departments provide a range of services for the City. We encourage you to reach out to a department directly to give a specific comment, complaint or compliment.
Stay Updated with Opportunities to Give Input
- General Comment Form
- Sign up for Fredericksburg Newsflash
- Sign up for Fred Focus Newsletters
- Sign up for Parks, Recreation and Events Newsletter
Participate in City Government
Follow City-wide Social Media