Operating Status and Schedule Changes
The City Hall front lobby is open for window service at the Treasurer's Office and the Commissioner of the Revenue's Office. All other public visits to the building will be conducted by appointment only.
Face coverings are required to enter City Hall, regardless of vaccination status. Practicing all social distancing protocols is also required while in the building.
Please see our department directory or call 540-372-1010 for more information on how best to conduct business with our City staff. We appreciate your patience and we are happy to help answer your questions as well as guide you to our services during this ongoing public health crisis.
Community Planning and Building:
- Technical Review Committee meetings are being conducted in person and electronically in the 3rd floor conference room of Executive Plaza on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month (starting April 22nd) until further notice.
- Planning Commission meetings are being conducted in person and electronically in the City Council Chambers on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month until further notice.
- Architectural Review Board meetings are being conducted in City Council Chambers on the 2nd Mondays (in person and electronically) and 4th Mondays (electronic only) of the month until further notice.
Parks, Recreation and Events:
- Dorothy Hart Community Center - Beginning April 12th, citizens will be allowed in the DHCC lobby to conduct business. Program participants are permitted in the building during programs only (waiting area in the lobby remains closed). Parks, Recreation and Events Office Staff continues to be available by phone 540-372-1086 and email on Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm.
- Rentals of Parks available at half capacity of pre-COVID levels. Private gatherings up to 100 (as per guidelines). One rental per day. Parks used as an event venue will be permitted at 1/3 capacity to allow for social distancing. Please call 540-372-1086 or email email@example.com for more information.
- All trails, parks and public restrooms are open for public use. Please remember to follow social distancing guidelines and COVID-19 safety protocols.
Please feel free to contact us with questions at 540-372-1086 and email during office hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm.
Fredericksburg Police Department Records Office is closed to the public until further notice. Fingerprinting services are also suspended until further notice. Questions? Here’s how to reach us:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 540-372-1165
- Fax: 540-372-1177
The Records Office staff will be available for assistance Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
The Department of Social Services is closed to the public. Our employees will be working their regular schedules. Please refer to the information below:
- To apply for SNAP, Medicaid, TANF or Child Care go to www.commonhelp.virginia.gov or call (855) 635-4370.
- If you have paperwork to drop off, please place in the secure receptacle located outside the entrance of the Social Services building at 608 Jackson Street.
- If you have a question about your benefits case – call your caseworker directly. If you don’t know your caseworker, call (540) 372-1032 and press 0.
- If you had an appointment, please contact your caseworker directly. If you don’t know your caseworker, call (540) 372-1032 and press 0.
- To make a child protective services complaint between 8:00am and 4:30pm, call (540) 940-2401 or (540) 372-1032 x298. After hours, call (800) 552-7096.
- To make an adult protective services complaint between 8:00am and 4:30pm, call (540) 940-2401 or (540) 372-1032 x298. After hours, call (888) 832 – 3858.