Closings & Schedule Changes
City Government buildings are now closed to public access. City departments are still available for your needs; and phone and emails are being answered.
Departments have posted schedule changes, meeting cancellations and other important information below:
Boards and Commissions:
The City is working with Boards and Commissions to encourage the delay of meetings for the next several weeks.
Order Temporarily Suspending In-Person Court Proceedings
The Chief Justice entered an order declaring a judicial emergency for all district and circuit courts of the Commonwealth to protect the health and safety of court employees, litigants, judges, and the general public.
This Order shall be in effect from March 16 to April 6, 2020, and it is hereby ORDERED that NON-ESSENTIAL, NON-EMERGENCY court proceedings in all circuit and district courts be and hereby are SUSPENDED and all deadlines are hereby tolled and extended, for a period of 21 days. View the Court Order. Call your specific court for further instructions.
Community Planning and Building:
The following meetings have been postponed:
Architectural Review Board meeting has been cancelled for April and will be rescheduled at a date and time to be determined.
Board of Zoning Adjustment meeting has been cancelled for April and will be rescheduled at a date and time to be determined.
Planning Commission meeting has been cancelled for April and will be rescheduled at a date and time to be determined.
Technical Review Committee meeting has been cancelled for April and will be rescheduled at a date and time to be determined.
Economic Development and Tourism:
The Fredericksburg Visitor Center located at 706 Caroline Street is closed until April 24, 2020.
Fredericksburg Regional Transit (Fred Bus):
FRED Transit Service Update - Effective 3/23/2020 FRED Transit will be operating on a modified service schedule. See schedule information below:
Read Full Notice and All Route Summaries Here
D1 - See Modified Schedule Here
D2 - See Modified Schedule Here
D4 - See Modified Schedule Here
D5 & D3 - See Modified Schedule Here
F1 - See Modified Schedule Here
F2 - See Modified Schedule Here
F3 - See Modified Schedule Here
F4 - See Modified Schedule Here
F5 - See Modified Schedule Here
S1 - See Modified Schedule Here
S4 - See Modified Schedule Here
S5 - See Modified Schedule Here
Please call 540.372.1222 x701 for more information.
Parks, Recreation and Events:
The Dorothy Hart Community Center is currently closed to the public, and no park rentals are available at this time. Staff will be available to assist customers Monday – Friday 9:00AM - 4:30PM by phone at 540-372-1086 or online Fredprpf@fredericksburgva.gov.Programs and Activities Cancelled:
- All youth sports including Soccer, Field Hockey, Inline Hockey and Baseball
- All department sponsored programs, classes, trips and through May 30th
- Summer Camp registration will be held in late April, to be announced.
- Summer Activity Catalog will be published in late April, to be announced.
Closed to the public:
- Dorothy Hart Community Center
- Old Mill Park playground
- Memorial Park playground, swings, tennis & pickle ball court, basketball court
- Powhatan Park playground
- Maury Park playground and basketball court
- Dixon Park playground and roller hockey rink
- W.L. Harris Park playground, basketball court and pavilion
- Snowden Park baseball field, basketball court and playground
- Alum Spring Park swings
Currently open for users who follow CDC recommendations for preventing COVID-19:
- Parks and trails
- Public restrooms
Fredericksburg Police Department Records Office is closed to the public until further notice. Fingerprinting services are also suspended until further notice. Questions? Here’s how to reach us:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 540-654-1165
- Fax: 540-372-1177
The Records Office staff will be available for assistance Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
R-Board Residential Convenience Centers
Effective Sunday, March 22, the residential convenience centers at Eskimo Hill and Belman Roads will be closed on Sundays and Mondays. The City of Fredericksburg and Stafford County have both declared local states of emergency in response to the COVID-19 virus.
The R-Board is reducing hours to mutually serve two goals:
- Minimally impact service to our residential and commercial customers
- Continue to manage operations, per our DEQ requirements, with less available labor.
The Regional Landfill’s Administrative Offices at 473 Eskimo Hill Road are closed to the public. Please contact us by phone at 540-658-5279 or email RBoard@StaffordCountyVA.gov for assistance.
The Department of Social Services is closed to the public. Our employees will be working their regular schedules. Please refer to the information below:
- To apply for SNAP, Medicaid, TANF or Child Care go to www.commonhelp.virginia.gov or call (855) 635-4370.
- If you have paperwork to drop off, please place in the secure receptacle located outside the entrance of the Social Services building at 608 Jackson Street.
- If you have a question about your benefits case – call your caseworker directly. If you don’t know your caseworker, call (540) 372-1032 and press 0.
- If you had an appointment, please contact your caseworker directly. If you don’t know your caseworker, call (540) 372-1032 and press 0.
- To make a child protective services complaint between 8:00am and 4:30pm, call (540) 940-2401 or (540) 372-1032 x298. After hours, call (800) 552-7096.
- To make an adult protective services complaint between 8:00am and 4:30pm, call (540) 940-2401 or (540) 372-1032 x298. After hours, call (888) 832 – 3858.
Treasurer’s Office:JUDICIAL AND NON-JUDICIAL DELINQUENT TAX SALES POSTPONED
The upcoming auction for the City of Fredericksburg scheduled to occur on March 18, 2020 at the City of Fredericksburg City Hall Council Chambers will be POSTPONED. A future sale date and time has not yet been determined, however, a new publication notice will be placed in the newspaper and emailed via the Special Commissioner’s email distribution list. To join the distribution listing, please visit http://bidder.taxva.com to signup to receive the most up to date information related to our upcoming auctions.