Conduct city business online. This page includes information such has how to pay bills and do business in the city during periods of extended closure.
Status updates related to City Department schedules changes and closures as a result of COVID-19.
Links to assistance for businesses during the Coronavirus pandemic
Find more information and resources during the Covid-19 public health crisis.
Fredericksburg daily updates
Updated May 29
Today’s video includes a demonstration of how to don and doff a face covering: https://youtu.be/hMZ7iXcDMcE
In our immediate area there are now 1,448 positive cases in our Health District. Stafford has 681 cases, Spotsylvania 500, King George 62 and Caroline 58. Here in Fredericksburg the cases have increased to 147. We have increased 29 cases since the last reporting period. We have 17 deaths reported in the health district. The rate of positives to tests is right at 14% in the Commonwealth. There are seven outbreaks in the Health District and 31 positive patients currently in the hospital in our health district as of this morning.
The statistics for the Commonwealth are 296,321 tests conducted for the virus with 42,533 confirmed or probable for COVID-19. We have had 4,529 persons hospitalized at the time of investigation at the state level. Unfortunately, we have had 1,358 Virginians die as a result of the viral infection known as Covid-19.
There were 1,757,778 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the U.S. and of those 1,276,206 are active cases with 102,943 deaths resulting from total cases.
Residents who have additional questions or concerns about face coverings rules and regulation are encouraged to call the Virginia Covid-19 hotline at 1-877-ASK-VDH3.
Updated May 27
As of noon today, there are now 1,381 positive cases in our Health District: Stafford has 657 cases, Spotsylvania 474 , King George 60 and Caroline 55. Here in Fredericksburg the cases have increased to 135. We have increased 28 cases since the last reporting period. We have 16 deaths reported in the health district. The rate of positive to tests is right at 14% in the Commonwealth. There are seven outbreaks in the Health District. There are 32 positive patients currently in the hospital in our health district as of this morning.
The statistics for the commonwealth are 275,074 tests conducted for the virus with 40,249 confirmed or probably for Covid-19. We have had 4,385 persons hospitalized at the time of investigation at the state level. Unfortunately, we have had 1,281 Virginians die as a result of the viral infection known as Covid-19.
There were 1,717,077 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the U.S. and of those 1,252,012 are active cases with 100,259 deaths resulting from total cases.
As you are probably aware by now, Governor Northam issued Executive Order #63 yesterday that has an effective date of this coming Friday, May 29 at 12:00am. The purpose of this order is the requirement of persons to wear face coverings while inside buildings. This is to help protect the population from and slow the transmission of the virus, Covid-19. This is based off recommendations of the CDC and the fact that a substantial number of individuals with coronavirus are asymptomatic or can spread the virus before they show symptoms of the disease.
- Effects all person age 10+
- Requires a face covering to cover the mouth and nose as described and recommended by CDC in all personal care and personal grooming businesses.
- All brick and mortar retail businesses of both essential and non-essential groups.
- Food and beverage establishments when permitted to reopen for indoor dining.
- Entertainment and recreation businesses once they are permitted to reopen to the public. Face coverings will also be required outdoors at these businesses if the social distancing of six feet from every other person cannot be maintained.
- All types of public transportation except where under federal jurisdiction or control.
- Any other indoor place shared by groups of people who are in close proximity to each other, not residences. Face coverings may be removed to participate in religious rituals.
- State and local government buildings when accessed for the purpose of securing public services with the exception of students in daycare or participating in-person classes in K-12 education or institutes of higher learning.
- All employees covered before in Executive Order #61 shall wear the face covering whenever working in customer facing areas.
Current enforcement is by the Virginia Department of Health. Read Executive Order #63 online here.
For additional questions or concerns about face covering guidelines, please call the Virginia COVID hotline: 1-877-ASK-VDH3
Para más información en Español 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. de lunes a viernes: (540) 395-4906
- EO-63-REQUIREMENT TO WEAR FACE COVERING WHILE INSIDE BUILDINGS
- EO-61-Phase One Easing of Certain Temporary Restrictions Due to Novel Coronavirus (PDF)
- Guidance for Local Business on COVID-19 Protective Measures (PDF)
- 2020 03 17 Legal Authority Memo (PDF)
- COVID-19 CEO Letter to Public Officials
- COVID-19 Tenant Rights (PDF)
- 20-05 Continuity of Government Ordinance AS ADOPTED (PDF)
- 2020 04 08 emeeting FOIA guidance (PDF)
FredericksburgAlert.com to subscribe to closing announcements.
Local Media - City communications staff will be sending critical information through local government access channels Cox Channel 84 and Verizon Channel 42, to our local radio stations and newspapers, and on our FxbgGov social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.