What is ABUNDANT COMPASSION?
What this means is that we actively care for and support one another at the workplace and beyond. It is important to our success because we are all more fulfilled, and more productive, when we give and receive support as part of our City family.
We demonstrate this Value by:
- Providing both emotional and tangible support for colleagues experiencing an illness or other life challenges.
- Being approachable and active listeners.
- Recognizing the achievements and milestones of fellow employees.
We violate this Value by:
- Lacking respect for others.
- Rushing to judgment when hearing negative information about a fellow employee.
- Failing to encourage one another to actively contribute to organizational health.
Our Values will be incorporated into our daily routines, our annual performance evaluations, our employee recognition efforts and in recruitment of future team members. Together, by living these Values, we can assure those who count on us daily as public servants that we will always work to achieve the highest standards in service delivery.