Roller Hockey Rink
Located in Dixon Park, 1300 Dixon Street. This newly constructed outdoor roller hockey rink includes a custom Riley Manufactured board system and a NOVA Play II flooring surface featuring the Capitals logo. The rink also features a Daktronics scoreboard with the Capitals logo. The rink has been built as a partnership between the Washington Capitals and the City of Fredericksburg, with generous support from the new Fredanthropist program and the Fredericksburg Youth Roller Hockey organization.
Hockey Rink Rules:
- Rink for Inline Hockey and Deck Hockey play ONLY
- Use at your own risk
- Wear inline skates or tennis shoes only
- The Parks, Rec. & Event staff reserve the right to schedule rink usage. Check kiosk for schedule
- No Soccer or Futsal, no skateboards, no bicycles, no dogs, no spectators, no glass, no abuse of goals or other equipment.
Location: Dixon Park is located at 1300 Dixon Street, which is on Route 2 and 17 across from Mayfield subdivision.
Rink Hours: open dawn to dusk
Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting - Sunday, October 27 at 2:00pm
The Washington Capitals and the City of Fredericksburg are pleased to announce the Grand Opening for the NEW Fredericksburg Roller Hockey Rink. The ribbon cutting will be held on Sunday, October 27 at 2:00pm. The public is invited to attend the ceremony and tour the rink which is located in Dixon Park, 1300 Dixon Street.
The opening ceremony will be followed by a free Children’s Street Hockey Clinic sponsored by the Washington Capitals. Children ages 8-14 are invited to participate for free, but they must pre-register due to limited space. All participants will receive a free street hockey stick. No skates are allowed for this clinic, tennis shoes only. For details and to register for the free clinic visit https://washcaps.formstack.com/forms/street_hockey_clinic_series.
Skaters are encouraged to bring inline skates and give the rink a try after the clinic is finished.
The rink was constructed in Dixon Park as a new build that includes a custom Riley Manufactured board system and a NOVA Play II flooring surface featuring the Capitals logo. The rink also features a Daktronics scoreboard with the Capitals logo. The rink has been built as a partnership between the Washington Capitals and the City of Fredericksburg, with generous support from the new Fredanthropist program and the Fredericksburg Youth Roller Hockey organization. In addition to supporting the new rink construction, the Washington Capitals are providing hockey equipment and teacher curriculum to all four City schools’ physical education departments.
Our community will be able to enjoy this new public rink thanks to the incredibly generous businesses and individuals who contributed to the construction. Read more >
There's still time to advertise! We are still accepting advertisers for the Dasher Boards.
- Get local! Be in front of area hockey fans and athletes
- Make it count! All advertising funds directly support rink construction and equipment.
- Limited number of dasherboards available in 1 year increments.
- Advertise on our rink side dasher boards (30” x 96”) for one or two years. Prices below include the one artwork production per year. Advertisers have the option to change out artwork on their dasher boards more frequently, but will need to cover the cost of the artwork production and installation (approximately $200 for each artwork change). Maximum of two panels per advertiser.
Advertisers will be installed within approximately 4 weeks of commitment and payment. Don't delay! Advertise on our boards now while spaces last.
|1 Panel||$3,000 for one year||$5,000 for two years|
|2 Panels||$5,000 for one year||$8,000 for two years|
Advertisers will have first right of refusal to renew their advertising space. Limited number of dasher boards are available, and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Advertisers must abide by the City of Fredericksburg Advertising Policy. Once all boards are filled, we will accept a waiting list for interested dasher board advertisers.