2020 Fredericksburg Fine Art Show & Sale
Art Show Dates: March 13 - 15, 2020
- Public Champagne Reception on Friday, March 12, 2020 at 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Friday, March 13 - 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Saturday, March 14 - 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Sunday, March 15 - 10:00am - 4:00pm
Location: Dorothy Hart Community Center, 408 Canal Street
Registrations will be accepted until the exhibit fills or the deadline of Monday, February 24, 2020, whichever comes first. Return form and payment to: Dorothy Hart Comm Ctr, 408 Canal Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Questions? Call 540-372-1086 or email@example.com
Sponsored by Fredericksburg Parks and Recreation and the Woman’s Club of Fredericksburg. Proceeds from this show benefit Hazelwild Farm’s Therapeutic Riding Program and Parks & Recreation programs.
Info: 540-372-1086 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please call 540-372-1086 or email email@example.com.
2020 Fine Arts Show Award Winners
Best In Show 80 - Guglielmo Grapes by Lizabeth Castellano-King
First Place 1 - Logan Jolie by Jenna Anderson
Second Place 241 - Aspen Grove at Dusk by Anne Pierson
Third Place 153 - Snowbaby by DeAnna Hutson
Honorable Mention 129 - Carnival Time by Katie Green
Honorable Mention 152 - Rest by DeAnna Hutson
Honorable Mention 240 - Railroad Bridge by Anne Pierson
First Place 7- Bella Luna by Patrick Andrews
Second Place 222 - Summer in the Tall Grass by Alice Noyes
Third Place 215 - A Hole in Time by Marty Monts
Honorable Mention 5 - Blue Racer by Patrick Andrews
Honorable Mention 223 - Wild Mushroom by Alice Noyes
First Place 96 - Sparkling Water by Jennifer Cooper
Second Place 94 - Verdant Bounty by Jennifer Cooper
Third Place 187 - I’m Late by Sandra Lewin
Honorable Mention 97 - Dad’s Garage by Jennifer Cooper
Honorable Mention 158 - Water from the Rock by Connie Jeffries
Honorable Mention 186 - Blue Crab by Sandra Lewin
First Place 89 - Wild and Free by Pandora Christy
Second Place 88 - Daylights Grace by Pandora Christy
Third Place 39 - Untouched by Maria Briganti
Shannon Broom Memorial 72 - Serendipity by Kim Carr
First Place 250 - Up the Scanno Stairs by Sally Rhone-Kabarek
Second Place 149 - Tenebrae by Becky Huffman Hubbard
Third Place 174 - In My Yard by Kathleen King Mullins
Honorable Mention 14 - Yellow Flowers #1 by Joan Bennett
Honorable Mention 15 - Yellow Flowers #2 by Joan Bennett
Honorable Mention 16 -Yellow Flowers #3 by Joan Bennett
Honorable Mention 56 - Memorable Moment by Anne Brooks Brauer
First Place 134 - Fire Storm by Benjamin Guest
Second Place 128 - Floral Delivery by Janet Gaumer
Third Place 309 - Unexpected Turn of Events by Ellyn Wenzler
Honorable Mention 286 - Music in Bloom by Denise Tapp
Marguerite Wyant Award 127 - Harrison Road Relic by Janet Gaumer
First Place 246 - Cherry Blossoms After Dark by Theresa Ramussen
Second Place 265 - Flatiron by Odell Smith
Third Place 271 - The Core of our Galaxy Josh Stansfield
Honorable Mention 261 - Lake Anna Sunset by Odell Smith
Honorable Mention 262 - Colonial Sunrise by Odell Smith
Honorable Mention 263 - Leesylvania Sunrise by Odell Smith
First Place 226 - Rainy Day by Mark Parmelee
Second Place 151 - Disco Dancing! by Becky Huffman Hubbard
Third Place 82 - Corks I by Lizabeth Castellano- King
Honorable Mention 10 - Turf Farm Houses by Yoson Bacle
Honorable Mention 12 - Peony by Laurel Baker
The Art Show Is FULL, we are no longer accepting artists for this year.
Categories for Judging
- OIL PAINTS
- WATERCOLORS - Includes acrylics, gouache, inks and alcohol inks used as watercolor
- ACRYLIC PAINTS
- DRAWING - Includes pencil, ink, sumi, charcoal, crayon, chalk and pastels
- PHOTOGRAPHY - Includes film & digital photography
- 3-D SCULPTURE - Includes clay, ceramic, wood, metal, stone
- MIXED MEDIA - Combining more than one medium. No computer generated artwork.
- NOVICE - All media from beginning artists with two years or less of art exhibit experience
- Entry fee is $10.00 for each piece of artwork submitted, maximum of 5 artworks permitted per artist.
- No guarantee paintings will be hung as a set.
- All artworks submitted must be FOR SALE.
- Exhibitors must be at least 18 years old and out of high school.
- Exhibit space is limited to 320 entries and fills on a first-come, first-served basis. Registrations will be accepted until the exhibit fills or the deadline of Monday, February 24, whichever comes first. Artwork previously exhibited in this show will not be accepted. Artwork not checked-in before 6:00pm on Monday, March 9th will not be accepted for hanging.
- If item entered is a copy of another artist’s or photographer’s work, it must be indicated as such (i.e., “In the style of...”).
- The Art Show Committee reserves the right to select work to be included in the show and the right to reject any work which it deems offensive to community sensitivities. An artist whose work is declined will be notified prior to the show’s opening.
- The following will not be considered for judging: Unframed pieces without finished edges that are not presentation ready; nor any categories with less than 10 total entries.
- No commercial reproductions will be accepted.
- Liability: All possible care will be taken of artwork, but the Woman’s Club and/or the Parks, Recreation & Events Department will not be responsible for any damages to items exhibited.
- Neither the Woman’s Club nor the Parks, Recreation & Events Department will pay for repair or replacement costs on any pieces lost, stolen or damaged while at the Community Center.
- All accepted entries must remain on exhibit during the entire length of the show.
- Artists not adhering to the Exhibit rules may become ineligible for future admission.
- Photographs may be taken of your artwork during the exhibit.
- Hanging entries are not to exceed 36” x 48” INCLUDING frame. 3-D entries are not to exceed 48” high nor 48” wide at the widest points. This is length and width, not total square inches. Oversized entries will not be accepted for display.
- No picture with gallery clips or saw tooth hangers will be accepted. Entries must be framed with hanging wire (no string) adequate to support the weight. Canvas entries may be unframed but must have finished edges/sides.
- No wet artwork or frames.
- 18% commission will be charged on all sales. Artists will be required to submit current W9 Forms to the City of Fredericksburg in order to receive prize and commission payments resulting from this show. Sales tax will be collected and forwarded to the artist, who is responsible for paying sales tax to VA on sold items.
- Best in Show: $500
- Popular Vote: $50
- Awarded in each category: 1st Place: $100 2nd Place: $50 3rd Place: Ribbon
- Marguerite Wyant Memorial Award $25: Awarded to Novice Entrant in honor of Marguerite Wyant who taught for the Fredericksburg Parks and Recreation Department for over 25 years.
- Shannon Broom Memorial Award: $25 Awarded to Drawing Entrant, this award is given by the Woman’s Club of Fredericksburg, in memory of young artist Shannon Broom, who won two awards in her initial exhibit in 1998.
Monday, February 24 (before 8:00pm) - Deadline for Payment and Entry Forms. Must be dropped off in person, completed online or postmarked by February 24, 2020 deadline.
NOTE: Exhibit space is limited to 320 pieces and may fill prior to deadline. No artwork will be accepted before check-in dates, no exceptions.
Sunday, March 8 - Artist Check-In from 12:00pm - 5:00pm at the Dorothy Hart Community Center, 408 Canal Street Please be on time. We will open and close promptly at times provided.
Monday, March 9 - Artist Check-In from 10:00am - 6:00pm* at the Dorothy Hart Community Center, 408 Canal Street Please be on time. We will open and close promptly at times provided. * Artwork not received by 6pm Monday the 9th will not be accepted.
Advanced check-in by appointment only for artists unable to attend March 8-9 check-ins. Please call 540-372-1086 ext. 307 to make an appt.
Thursday, March 12 - Artist’s Preview Reception, 6:00pm - 8:00pm at the Dorothy Hart Community Center. By invitation only, 1 guest per artist. Awards will be announced.
Friday, March 13 - Show Opens to Public at 10:00am. Public is invited to Friday Evening Champagne Reception 6:00pm-8:00pm. Free admission.
Sunday, March 15 - Artist Check Out from 4:00pm - 5:30pm All artwork must be picked up at this time. If you are unable to pick it up, you must send someone in your place. Artwork unclaimed by April 3, 2020 becomes the property of Fredericksburg Parks, Recreation & Events Department. By submitting this entry form you are giving your consent that you understand this requirement.