Fxbg Public WiFi
City of Fredericksburg’s Department of Information Technology has launched Fxbg Public WiFi. The service enables people visiting Riverfront Park to access the Internet through their own wireless-enabled devices, such as laptops and PDAs. There is no charge for this service, however, customers must have their own equipment, wireless card, software, and agree to the Terms and Disclaimer Agreement below.
Terms and Disclaimer Agreement - The City of Fredericksburg offers this Internet access as a service to guests and visitors of the City. The City of Fredericksburg is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their privacy policies. The City and its staff do not endorse nor make any representations about these sites, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. Do not use this network to transmit any information considered to be confidential. Furthermore, the City does not make any guarantee this network is free of, nor does it provide protection from, malware, virus or other malicious code. This Internet access is provided only as a courtesy and its availability is not guaranteed at any specific time. The City of Fredericksburg reserves the right to deny or restrict access to any persons who abuse this network connection to include but not limited to excessive bandwidth consumption, unlawful or criminal activity. This network may be monitored and any activity may be disclosed at the City of Fredericksburg's discretion.
Is there a security code or password needed to connect to WiFi at Riverfront Park?
- No, connecting to a wireless hot spot is easy. Just bring up the network connections list on your laptop or wireless device and you will see "Fxbg Public WiFi."
Is there a time limit to the free wireless internet in Riverfront Park?
- No, there is no time limit or limit to how often an individual can access the City’s free WiFi, however when the Park is closed, WiFi is not available. Riverfront Park hours are 5am to 10pm.
Location: 713 Sophia St, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Park Hours: Park open daily. Closed 10pm to 5am.
Prohibited in Riverfront Park:
- Trespassing after hours
- Littering or destruction of property
- Alcoholic beverages (except by permit)
- Pets off leash
- Leaving pet waste
- Skateboarding, bike and scooter riding, or roller blading
- Vehicles without specific authorization from Parks and Recreation
- Engaging in commercial activity