- Parks, Recreation & Events
- Online Registration
- Liability and Waiver Policies
Liability Waiver, Refund and Wait List Policy
I understand the nature and scope of the activity listed above. I understand that there are risks and dangers associated with the activity. I understand that it is not the function of the City of Fredericksburg, its employees, agents, operators, or instructors to guarantee the safety of participants with respect to this activity. I also understand that each participant has the responsibility to exercise with due care in the performance of the activity for the safety of him/herself and the other participants.
In consideration of my/the participant's being permitted to enroll in this activity, I hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless the City of Fredericksburg, its employees, agents, operators, and instructors from any and all claims, demands, costs, charges, and expenses for harm, injury, damage or loss which may be sustained by me/the participant as a result of or relating to participation in this activity.
Also, by signing below, I give Fredericksburg Parks, Recreation and Events permission to use photographs and videos of me and my children for publicity in order to increase community awareness of FPRE programs and in all publications and other media without limitation.
- Individuals wishing to withdraw and/or requesting a refund must do so by contacting the Fredericksburg Parks, Recreation and Events Department by phone, fax, mail or in person.
- Individuals must follow up their verbal cancellation request with a written refund request and submit it to FPRE prior to cancellation deadlines.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to verify receipt of refund requests.
- A 15% administrative fee will be charged on all refund requests for cancellations received less than 2 weeks before program start date, unless otherwise specified.
- There will be no refunds given to those who withdraw after program start date.
- Refunds will require 4 weeks for processing unless paid by credit card. Credit card refunds will take 5 business days to process.
- If the department cancels a program or trip, the money will be refunded.
- Classes: Students must cancel 24 hours before the 1st class to be eligible for refund. No refunds will be given after the first class.
- Trips: Registrants who cancel on or before the posted cancellation date shall receive a full refund. After that date, money will be refunded ONLY if the slot is filled by another participant.
- Sports: No refunds will be made after the 1st game.
- Camps: Cancellation requests less than two weeks (14 days) before camp start date or during camp will be handled on a case by case basis. There will be no refunds given to those who withdraw after program start date. Refunds will require 4 weeks for processing unless paid by credit card. Credit card refunds will take 5 business days to process.
- Rentals: There is a 15% cancellation fee on all rentals.
- Changes to these policies will be posted online and at the Community Center.
A wait list will be created when a program has reached its maximum participant capacity. All in-person and mail-in registrants will be put on the waiting list unless otherwise requested. If a space becomes available and a person's waiting list status changes, you will be contacted by the department. Waiting lists do not roll over from previous, different sessions.
Please plan to register for activities/programs as early as possible. Many activities fill up very quickly.
For cancellations, notifications and updates, please sign up for Fredericksburg Alert