Most Popular PagesBus Schedules
GIS & Maps
Parks and Recreation
Quick LinksCity Budget
City Manager's Reports
Daily Crime Reports
Special Events Planning
Going to the River
How to Use Our Site
Search Our Site
Robert F. Bell, Jr., Director
715 Princess Anne Street, Room 217
P.O. Box 7447
Fredericksburg, VA 22404
Phone: (540) 372-1028
Fax: upon request
M,W,Th,F: 8:15 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Tues: 8:15 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
To further the City’s overall mission and to be the employer of choice for City residents by:
- Attracting and selecting the best talent available for our vacant positions;
- Providing opportunities for continuous improvement by ensuring quality service the first time;
- Providing the most cost effective, yet competitive menu of available benefit programs for our employees;
- Providing a Wage and Classification system that is competitive with the surrounding jurisdictions as well as other Cities of comparable size to the City of Fredericksburg, while ensuring that it remains internally equitable; and
- Promoting the safety and health of our workforce through targeted safety programs, reviews of incidents with follow up corrective actions and additional job safety training.
In support of the mission, we strive to:
- In cooperation with the local media, create eye-catching and vibrant advertisements to attract top talent to our organization each time vacancies occur;
- Provide staff assistance task forces to work on refining and streamlining business processes;
- Maintain and renew insurance products that serve the employee population well, are cost-effective and provide services needed and wanted by employees;
- Analyze requested jobs by completion of the vendor’s position questionnaires and submitting them for evaluation against our classification system;
- Perform informal wage surveys every other year, and formal surveys through contracted vendor every five years;
- Serve as the repository for employee workers’ compensation claims and act as liaison with the workers’ compensation insurance carrier; and
- Provide oversight and/or staff assistance to safety committees, accident review committees and serve as liaison between the Safety Coordinator, Co-Risk Managers and our liability / workers’ compensation insurance carriers.