Most Popular PagesBus Schedules
GIS & Maps
Parks and Recreation
Quick LinksCity Budget
City Manager's Reports
Daily Crime Reports
Special Events Planning
Going to the River
How to Use Our Site
Search Our Site
City of Fredericksburg
Office: 715 Princess Anne Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Mailing: P.O. Box 7447, Fredericksburg, VA 22404
Phone: (540) 372-1010
E-mail Ms. Martin
Famam extendimus factis (We extend fame by deeds).
The motto alludes to the fact that, although stoutly proud of its past, through courage and
accomplishment the City of Fredericksburg is a very real part of America’s present and future.
It is easy to stay informed by getting notices delivered directly to your email/cell phone! The Fredericksburg Alert notification system will provide alerts to subscribers outlining various information ranging from emergency weather, traffic, school closings, trash collection, and more. For more information and to sign up go to www.fredericksburgalert.com\
HOLIDAY TRASH/RECYCLING SCHEDULE
City offices will be closed Monday, May 27th in observance of Memorial Day. The change in trash and recycling changes will be as follows:
- Monday’s trash will be picked up on Tuesday.
- Tuesday’s trash will be picked up on Wednesday.
- Both Monday and Tuesday’s recycling will be picked up on Tuesday.
- Wednesday through Friday, all collections will proceed as usual.
The Belman Rd Recycling Center and the Stafford Landfill will be closed Monday, May 27th. Both will resume normal operations Tuesday, 8am-5pm.
TRAFFIC AFFECTED BY UTILITY WORK FOR NEW COURTHOUSE
- On Tuesday, May 21, the right parking lane and right thru-lane will be closed to traffic in the 700 block of Princess Anne Street and the 300 block of Charlotte to allow for pavement restoration.
- On Wednesday, May 22, the left parking lane and left thru-lane in the 600 and 700 block of Caroline Street will be closed to traffic and will remain closed for approximately 1 week in order to facilitate the installation of sewer lines.
- Motorists are advised to use caution while traveling through the work zone.
Columbia Gas Downtown 2013 Infrastructure Improvement ProjectBeginning April 22, 2013, Columbia Gas will begin upgrading the natural gas infrastructure in downtown Fredericksburg. This natural gas infrastructure modernization project will take approximately 6 months to complete.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL CHANGE IN WATER DISINFECTANT AND FLUSHING
Chicken and Honey Bee Permit Applications are now available.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of at-risk youth in the City of Fredericksburg? The Fredericksburg Family Assessment and Planning Team (FAPT) is looking for volunteer parent representatives.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Volunteers are needed for the Fredericksburg Clean and Green Commission. If you are interested please contact the Clerk of Council with your contact information.